Walden Clinic in Guilford, Connecticut
Providing Partial and Intensive Outpatient Eating Disorders Treatment
157 Goose Lane
Walden’s newest clinic in Guilford, CT is conveniently located right off of Interstate 95, east of New Haven and less than one hour from the Rhode Island border. It offers accessible and flexible eating disorder care for individuals and families across the region.
- Adult Partial Hospitalization Program
- Adult Intensive Outpatient Program
- Adult Intensive Outpatient Binge Eating Program
- Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
- Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program
Why Walden Guilford?
- It is the only eating disorder treatment clinic in all of Southeastern Connecticut – convenient for Coastal Connecticut and Southern Rhode Island!
- Serving ages 12+, all genders
- “In network” insurance with many top providers
- A dedicated staff of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, dietitians, therapists and mental health counselors
- New England’s only full continuum of care services for eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and OSFED (other specified feeding or eating disorders)
News Related to the Guilford Clinic and The Community It Serves
February 26 through March 4 marks National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, a national movement shining the spotlight on eating disorders and placing life-saving resources into the hands of those in need. Read More
Michelle was struggling emotionally when her issues with food began. Just 10 years old, her twin sister was battling cancer. Michelle felt like she couldn’t control anything, except her caloric intake. When she was 14, the Hartford-area girl lost an alarming amount of weight, dropping to 96 pounds. Read More
Michelle, who requested her last name be withheld, was struggling emotionally when her issues with food began. Just 10 years old, her twin sister was battling cancer. Michelle felt like she couldn’t control anything, except her caloric intake. Read More
Individuals suffering from an eating disorder can now find specialized treatment closer to home. Walden Behavioral Care, the leading program for treating eating disorders, recently opened a new location in Guilford, making it the first specialized treatment center of its kind in the shoreline area. Read More
During an open house at the new 6,000-square-foot clinic, Rebekah Bardwell Doweyko, assistant vice president of clinical operations, explained in an interview with News 8, WTNH, that the biggest barrier to recovery from an eating disorder is access to specialized care. Read More
With cases of eating disorders on a continuous rise since 1950, there is a growing need for treatment, both for adolescents and adults. Last week, Walden opened the first dedicated eating-disorders clinic in southeastern Connecticut at 157 Goose Lane. Read More