About Walden Behavioral Care
Comprehensive, Individualized and Convenient Treatment
Walden Behavioral Care is one of the nation’s only full systems of care for the treatment of eating disorders and related behavioral health conditions. Our belief is that individuals deserve the most personalized and effective care, as close to home as possible.
Since 2003, Walden has worked with more than 15,000 individuals of all genders, backgrounds and ages. Currently, nearly 280 adults, adolescents and children are cared for each day at our 14 locations across Massachusetts, Connecticut and Georgia.
Our specialized programming is designed to treat Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) and Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED).
- Continual support on the road to recovery: Walden offers treatment at all levels of care, including inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and outpatient programs. No matter the severity of your condition or unique needs, you’ll always have the most appropriate care at any given time.
- Accessible treatment: Walden has convenient locations throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut and Georgia. Many of our programs allow you to remain living at home, or as close to home as possible when 24/7 care is required. You’ll stay connected with your key support networks.
- Therapy that works: Walden’s treatment programming is modeled on evidence-based therapies proven to result in lasting recoveries. This includes Family-Based Treatment (FBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), among others.
- Affordable coverage: We do everything we can to ensure accessibility to eating disorder treatment. As such, Walden has worked hard to secure “in-network” contracts with a wide range of insurance and managed care companies.
- Your loved ones are important members of the treatment team: Walden recognizes family and loved ones are often your biggest advocates. We provide family members with the education, skills and resources to best support their loved one.
- A specialized treatment team: Eating disorder treatment requires a truly multi-disciplinary, integrated approach. Our experienced team of professionals include physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitians, social workers and mental health counselors, and are here to support you in whatever ways they can.
The road to eating disorder recovery isn’t easy. But you can count on us to best guide you on this journey – and gain the hope and healing you deserve.