Residential Eating Disorders Treatment for Adults
Walden’s residential program provides adults with the therapy, skills – and most importantly, the confidence – to transition from 24-hour care back into less intensive settings and home environments.
Our environment is cozy featuring apartment-like living with comfortable furnishings and kitchens so you can feel like you’re “at home.” We also know that while important, the location of your treatment isn’t what matters most: How focused and personal your care does.
Our treatment is as structured and intensive as you’ll find anywhere else. There are minimal distractions. You’ll experience innovative therapy, relearn positive attitudes in your relationship with food and best prepare for a return to your regular daily life.
Walden’s adult residential eating disorders program is located in Waltham, Massachusetts and Dunwoody, Georgia
Requirements of the Adult Residential Eating Disorder Program
- 18 years of age or older (all genders)
- Require 24-hour care, but not hospital level of care
- Cannot be successfully treated in a less intense setting
- Readiness to practice cooking, meal planning and other tasks leading to greater independence
- Develop healthy eating patterns
- Gain the skills to self-manage existing medical and psychiatric conditions
- Improve ability to tolerate stressful situations and regulate mood
- Create a reliable network of support including friends and families
Treatment for the Adult Residential Eating Disorder Program
- Group therapy sessions (5x/day)
- Individual therapy sessions (3x/week and as needed)
- Onsite physician and nursing care (Waltham, MA)
- Nutrition management and counseling (12x/week with registered dieticians)
- Coordination of care with an outpatient team
- Discharge planning
- Case management
Treatment Team for the Adult Residential Eating Disorder Program
- Nurse Practitioner (Waltham, MA)
- Nurses (Waltham, MA)
- Mental health counselors
Adult Residential Eating Disorder Group Programming
- Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy
- Exposure Meals
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Nutrition education
- Expressive therapy
- Body image
- Relapse prevention
Adult Residential Eating Disorder Program Hours
Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
* Services and programming may vary by state.