Partial Hospitalization Eating Disorders Treatment for Adolescents
Partial Hospital Care (PHP) is structured to provide support for adolescents and families who would benefit from a daytime therapeutic structure in order to interrupt eating-disorder behaviors at various points along the path to recovery. It also serves as transitional support for adolescents returning home following treatment in one of our 24 treatment programs. Our PHP complements the mission of our other levels of care and promotes family participation and empowerment over the eating disorder.
This level of care provides weekly family therapy sessions, two weekly coached family meals, and two weekly group sessions designed to educate and prepare families for regaining control over the eating disorder in the home setting. Direct adolescent care is designed to promote skills and enhance communication within the family system. In addition, this level of care provides medication and nutritional consultations and oversight for the adolescent.
Requirements of the Adolescent Eating Disorder PHP
- 12 to 17 years of age and their families.
- Do not require a hospital or residential level of care.
- Require program structure and support to interrupt eating-disorder behaviors.
Treatment for the Adolescent PHP Eating Disorder Program
- Case management and coordinated care with adolescent’s outpatient team.
- Two family coached meals and two snacks daily.
- Medical management.
- Nutrition counseling.
- Group therapy.
- Discharge planning.
- *NEW * Educational Support and Tutoring Assistance
Treatment Team for the Adolescent Eating Disorder PHP
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Family therapist
- Mental health counselors
Adolescent Eating Disorder PHP Group Programming
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Nutrition education
- Expressive Therapy
- Body image
- Relapse prevention
Treatment for Families in the Adolescent Eating Disorder PHP
- Intensive education
- Family therapy
- Coached meals
- Parent support groups