Approximately 30 million Americans will personally be impacted by eating disorders in their lifetime. Seeking help – and taking the first step toward recovery – can understandably bring feelings of anxiety, stress and uncertainty – as well as many questions.
Walden Behavioral Care’s Rebekah Bardwell Doweyko shares some insight into what to expect from eating disorder treatment, including:
– What are some common misconceptions with eating disorder treatment?
– What are some of the biggest surprises with eating disorder treatment?
– What does treatment look like? What types of programming are available?
– What are some productive (and sometimes enjoyable) parts to treatment?
– What should someone do if they are seeking help for their eating disorder?
If you – or someone you know – is seeking help for their eating disorder, we are here for you.