Adult Intensive Outpatient Program for Binge Eating Disorder
Walden’s Binge Eating Disorder Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for adults is the only specialized program in Massachusetts and Connecticut designed to treat symptoms and reduce the frequency of binge eating and other eating disorder behaviors of those with binge eating disorder. The program is for men and women, 18 years and older, who need support while making significant behavioral, nutritional and psychological changes to reduce binge eating and improve their overall quality of life.
Binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder in the United States, impacting an estimated 3.5 percent of women, 2 percent of men and up to 1.6 percent of adolescents. Overcoming the many physical, mental and lifestyle obstacles presented by binge eating is the core focus of this unique program.
- Decrease the frequency of binge eating and other eating disorder behaviors.
- Identify unhelpful thought patterns and learn alternative coping and self-soothing skills to change them.
- Recognize value beyond your weight and shape.
- Improve mood and self-esteem.
Treatment Team for the Adult Binge-Eating Disorder IOP
- Mental health counselors
Requirements of the Adult Binge Eating Disorder IOP
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Initial medical screening required.
Adult Binge-Eating Disorder IOP Group Programming
- Groups include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Nutrition education
- Expressive therapy
- Body image
- Relapse prevention
Recommended Length of Stay: 6 weeks
Hours & Location for the Adult Binge Eating Disorder IOP
The IOP for Binge Eating Disorder meets for three hours, three days or nights per week at the following locations:
* Please call the individual clinic for specific times
For any questions on Walden’s Adult Binge Eating Disorder IOP, click here.