Treatment Programs

Frequently Asked Questions

Residential Eating Disorders Treatment for Adults

What treatment and support services are offered in the Residential Eating Disorders Program?

Each resident will work with all members of the residential team, which includes a psychiatric nurse practitioner, dietitian, therapist and mental health counselors. Each resident will receive:
  • Individual therapy, at least once per week, with their primary therapist.
  • Family therapy, at least once per week, with their primary therapist.
  • Nutrition counseling, at least once per week.
  • The highly structured residential environment includes group meals and snacks, seven days a week. Mental health counselors provide support at meal times.
  • Daily support meetings with mental health counselors and additional meetings with the program nurse and physician as needed.
  • An intensive group therapy program, seven days per week. Programming includes shared meals, relapse prevention, stress management skills, body image, cognitive behavioral therapy skills, dialectical behavioral therapy skills, recreational therapy, substance abuse counseling, nutrition counseling, relaxation skills, expressive arts, self-help, journaling, yoga and goal setting.

Therapeutic passes are provided for patients to practice and reinforce healthy behavior changes outside of the program. Use of therapeutic passes is planned and closely monitored.

What should a patient in the Residential Eating Disorders Program expect?

During orientation, residents must sign a treatment contract that says they agree to follow program guidelines and rules. Residents agree to participate in the nutritional aspects of the program. Unlike many other treatment programs, this means residents must be willing to prepare and cook meals and prepare snacks that consist of a variety of foods. Residents must also be prepared to challenge themselves by going on outings to restaurants, to the grocery store and to participate in social outings. Residents must be capable of self-administering medications.

What should I bring with me if I am admitted to the Residential Program?

Please bring your health insurance and prescription card, a valid form of identification (driver’s license), contact information for your current providers and a credit card for medication, copays and personal items. Click here for a complete list.