Adolescent and Young Adult Medical Consultative Services
Eating disorders can be challenging and life-altering for children, teens and their families. In addition to psychological distress, eating disorders can significantly compromise one’s physical health. Comprehensive and high-quality medical care are integral for long-term recovery success.
Under the care of esteemed pediatrician and eating disorder specialist Dr. Rachel Fortune, Walden offers medical evaluation and consultation services at her Waltham, Mass office for adolescents and young adults (ages 10-26) in Massachusetts and Connecticut living with an eating disorder.
- Medical evaluation and monitoring
- Laboratory testing
- Coordination of care
Dr. Fortune’s personalized approach, combined with her extensive knowledge in the general medical care of adolescents, brings a new level of hope for individuals and families challenged with eating disorders.
About Rachel Fortune, MD, FAAP
- Board Certified in both Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine (American Board of Pediatrics)
- Previous Experience:
- Instructor in Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics at Yale University School of Medicine
- Clinical Instructor at the Yale University School of Nursing
- Instructor in Emergency Medicine at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Aurora, Colorado.
- Residency in Pediatrics at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio
- Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Aurora, Colorado