Free To Be
“Free to Be” is Walden’s Binge Eating Disorder Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for adults. It is the only specialized program in Massachusetts and Connecticut designed to treat the symptoms and reduce the frequency of binge eating, emotional eating and related conditions.
The program is for individuals of all genders, 18 years and older, whose lives are impacted by their eating issues. This program works to by supporting significant behavioral, nutritional and psychological changes that reduce binge eating episodes and improve overall quality of life.
Binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder in the United States, impacting approximately 2.8 million Americans and an estimated 3.5 percent of women and 2 percent of men. Overcoming the many physical, mental and lifestyle obstacles presented by binge eating and emotional eating is the core focus of this unique program.
Goals of Treatment
- Decrease the frequency of binge eating and other eating disorder behaviors.
- Identify unhelpful thought patterns and learn coping and self-soothing skills to manage them.
- Recognize value beyond your weight and shape.
- Improve mood and self-esteem.
Treatment Team for the Adult Binge Eating Disorder IOP
- Mental health counselors
Requirements of the Adult Binge Eating Disorder IOP
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Initial medical screening required.
Adult Binge Eating Disorder IOP Group Programming
- Groups include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Nutrition education
- Expressive therapy
- Body image
- Relapse prevention
Recommended Length of Stay: 6 weeks
Hours & Locations
Free to Be meets for three hours, three days or nights per week at the following locations:
- Waltham, MA
- Braintree, MA
- Peabody, MA
- Worcester, MA
- Milford, MA
- Amherst, MA
- Guilford, CT
- South Windsor, CT
- Dunwoody, GA
- Alpharetta, GA
* Please call the individual clinic for specific times