What To Bring / What Not To Bring
A List of Items You Can and Cannot Bring Into Walden Inpatient Eating Disorders Program.
We understand that this may be a difficult, stressful and confusing time for you as you enter Walden’s inpatient eating disorders program. To help protect yourself and others, we have compiled a list of items you can and cannot bring with you into our programs.
Valuables: We recommend that you not bring any valuable items or large amounts of cash. Valuables you choose to keep may be stored in the safe, but we recommend that you send them home. Walden Behavioral Care is not responsible for the replacement or cost of lost items.
We have no availability to store items that are not allowed on the unit, and therefore we cannot be responsible for stolen or misplaced items. For this reason, we encourage parents, caretakers or friends to pick up these items soon after your loved one is admitted. If you need directions on where to pick up these items, contact our admissions staff at 888-305-2997.
These items would be helpful for you to BRING with you upon admission or for your loved one to BRING when visiting.
- Patient’s health insurance card.
- Patient’s photo ID.
- A list of the patient’s current providers and their numbers.
- A list of the patient’s current medications, including over the counter medications.
- One medium suitcase.
- Comfortable clothing including underwear, socks and pajamas (without drawstrings).
- Warm clothing including long-sleeve shirts and pants
- Skirts and shorts must be knee length or longer.
- Hygiene products; if needed, we will supply products to meet basic hygiene needs.
- Personal journals (not wire bound).
- Crosswords/Sudoku/Word Search.
These items are not permitted for patient use. Please DO NOT BRING them for your loved one when you visit.
- Tank tops
- Skirts or shorts above knee length
- Drawstring clothing
- CD player
- Cell phones
- Sharp items/glass items
- Chemical hair removers
- Aerosol containers/products – hairspray
- Alcohol-based products
- Bar soap
- Mirrors/glass products
- Other valuables
- Illegal drugs/alcohol
- Musical instruments
- Knitting needles/crochet hooks/yarn
- Hair dryers/curling irons/or any other items with cords
- All makeup
- Saline solutions
- Juuls, e-cigarettes, vape pens and/or kits
The following items will be provided to patients:
- Washer and dryer
- Writing materials