Intensive Outpatient Eating Disorders Treatment for Adults
Walden’s Adult Intensive Outpatient Program is designed for men and women, 18 years and older, who need more support than their outpatient clinician can provide and is ideal for patients transitioning from a higher level of care. The program is offered three days per week and focuses on helping patients to develop healthy coping skills through observational-based treatment. Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, interpersonal therapy, expressive therapy and nutritional therapy are incorporated into the program to help individuals recover not only from their eating disorder, but to learn to manage other co-morbid psychiatric diagnoses. At this level of care, patients are encouraged to integrate work, school, hobbies and relationships into their lives.
Requirements of the Adult Eating Disorder IOP
- Females or males, 18 years of age or older.
- Do not require a higher level of care.
Treatment for the Adult Eating Disorder IOP
- Case management, including coordinated care with outpatient team.
- Supervision of one therapeutic meal.
- Individual therapy.
- Group therapy.
Treatment Team for the Adult Eating Disorder IOP
- Mental health counselors
Adult Eating Disorder IOP Group Programming
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Nutrition education
- Expressive therapy
- Body image
- Relapse prevention
Adult Eating Disorder IOP Hours
- Patients attend three days/nights per week for three hours each day/night.
- Please call individual clinic for times.